BUSINESS SKILLS: Over 20 years of successful project management and
administrative experiences ranging from directing the Star Wars Fan Club at Lucasfilm
to streamlining processes at Marin General Hospital.
record as a high energy, respected and results-oriented manager of people and processes
with a reputation for being open-minded and for having grace and humor under pressure.
Cross-functional trouble-shooter with expertise in designing efficient work procedures,
solving administrative challenges, and creating stable, enjoyable environments for
personnel while achieving organizational objectives on time.
Special talents include
presentation design, electronic publishing, documentation preparation and management,
budget planning, project and time management, quality assurance.
SOFTWARE TOOLS: Word, PowerPoint, Photoshop, Acrobat, Excel, Outlook,
ISI Tools, Sigma Plot, Project, FileMaker Pro, Access, Visio, Reference Manager,
HTML, FrontPage 2003.
Long Beach State University, Harbor Jr. College, El Camino Jr. College, College
of Marin. Completed courses towards degree in art and astronomy. Completed intensive
PhotoShop, Excel and Access workshops. University of Phoenix Communications workshop.
Independent Contractor. November 2000 - present.
Major long-term contracts included:
BioMarin Pharmaceutical, Inc.: REGULATORY AFFAIRS COORDINATOR
BioMarin develops enzyme therapies for life-threatening diseases and conditions.
- Involved in all production tasks and phases for an electronic Biologics
License Application (BLA). Duties included standard operating procedure (SOP)
creation, template development, document processing, and production of
bookmarked and hyperlinked documents. Worked closely with doctors,
medical writers, and clinical department.
- Managed reference section for eBLA filing and implemented
a new standard of excellence from QA analysis, based on current FDA requirements.
- Authored regulatory publishing procedures: "Formatting Chemical Manufacturing,
and Controls (CMC) and Preclinical Reports," "Reference Flow Though Regulatory
Publishing," and others. Authored section of "Format Guide for Aldurazyme
Marketing Application," created to ensure continuity in company's publishing process.
Return to top of page
Marin General Hospital: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Marin General Hospital is the largest acute care hospital in Marin County,
- For the Director of Behavioral Health, initiated organizational changes
in preparation for the 2001 Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare
Organizations Hospital Accreditation (JCAHO); streamlined internal processes
and enhanced the flow of information throughout the Behavioral Health department.
- Created a matrix allowing upper management to track the status of required
employee competency information.
SmartPartner, Inc. (April 2000 - October 2000): STAFFING SOLUTIONS
SmartPartner was a telecommunications management company.
- Managed and drafted company career listings, including arrangements with
major job listing web sites, for Director of Staffing. Redesigned company
forms and created a user-friendly interface to provide easier and quicker data
- For the Director of Staffing, organized and managed logistics for a
successful office relocation from San Rafael (Marin County) to Pleasanton.
GE Financial Assurance-LTC (Nov. 1997 - April 2000): MARCOMM SPECIALIST
GE Financial Assurance LTC, a division of General Electric, is the leading carrier for
long-term care insurance.
- Designed animated and traditional PowerPoint presentations for company-wide
use and for over fifty major conferences and meetings. Received accolades from sales
VPs and directors.
- Created and managed Financial Institution Services channel and coalition
proposal generating system. Created over 250 proposals (including design, content
and graphics) and collateral materials.
Interactive Digital Intelligence Group (May 1997 - Oct. 1997):
IDIG was involved in web design, education and special effects for video and film.
- Designed and managed company's production databases used to track all media,
including incoming and outgoing shots. For this work, received Production
Coordinator film credit on major motion picture Spawn.
- Improved and streamlined company financial functions by performing complete
upgrade of bookkeeping records to Quicken. Created assets database and payroll reports,
and set up tax filing system.
Return to top of page
CyberEdge Information Services (Oct. 1996 - Apr. 1997): WEB/OPERATIONS
CyberEdge Information Services provides professional guidance and
assistance to leading companies involved in Virtual Reality.
- Managed and maintained CyberEdge Electric! (CEE!) web site: frames and
non-frames versions. Implemented strategies to make the site profitable.
- Responsible for daily operations of CyberEdge Information Services which
included managing CyberEdge Journal circulation, copy editing, customer service and
- Assisted with public relations, trade show booth design for Virtual
Reality Universe '97 Conference.
ION, Inc. (Sept. 1993 - March 1996): MARKETING MANAGER, PRODUCTION
ION was an interactive music company that developed tools and technology for music
- Managed ION east and west coast trade show marketing. Designed ION's booth,
created documentation, and interacted with the press and conference attendees.
- Produced the acclaimed (per MacWeek, MacUser UK) Ambient Room at 1995
San Francisco (SF) MacWorld. For SF MacWorld 1996, co-produced the ION, Interscope,
'Inscape major release party at Bimbo's 365 Club which, featured performances by
the well-known bands Primus and the Residents.
- Designed production administration databases, co-created production
and engineering schedules, and monitored production budgets, resulting in credits
as Production Coordinator on Primus' Tales from the Punchbowl, Todd Rundgren's The
Individualist; Production Assistant for the Residents' Gingerbread Man and David Bowie's
Equilibrium, Inc. (March 1992 - Sept. 1993): FACILITIES MANAGER
Equilibrium published graphics and multi-media applications, such as DeBabelizer®.
- Coordinated successful company participation at industry trade shows.
- Editorial assistant on the popular software guide, Real World DeBabelizing.
- Upgraded both the entertainment and technologies division's bookkeeping
system, produced financial reports, managed payroll, handled California tax payments
on product sales.
Return to top of page
Light Source, Inc. (Nov. 1989 - March 1992): FACILITIES
Light Source published Ofoto software designed to bridge the gap between computers and
photography, now owned by Kodak.
- Managed company facilities. Tasks included bookkeeping, budget reporting,
purchasing of hardware, software and peripherals purchasing, managing administrative
databases and office systems, and supervising administrative staff.
- Assisted with the production of the premiere scanning publication, Worth
a Thousand Words.
- Produced successful company special events. Assisted the president and
marketing department with the launch of the company's major product, Ofoto.
Lucasfilm Limited (April 1979 - April 1986): DIRECTOR OF STAR WARS/LUCASFILM
Lucasfilm Ltd. is a premier entertainment company.
- Successfully designed, developed and produced merchandise line resulting
in an annual profit of $700,000.
- Constructed annual department budget/business plan averaging $500,000
- Designed and launched cost-effective advertising campaigns that increased
club membership from 33,000 to 186,000.
- Editor and manager of quarterly newsletter, 'Bantha Tracks' with a readership
of over one million.
- Designed and implemented successful film publicity campaigns targeted at
the worldwide science fiction community. Films included: Raiders of the Lost Ark,
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, Return of the Jedi,
Labyrinth, and Howard the Duck.
Tasks included producing movie prop exhibits, presenting film preview slide shows to large
audiences, coordinating speaker panels, and coordinating screenings of the Star Wars Saga.
- Managed production with domestic and foreign fulfillment companies.
Return to top of page